Cambrie and Jacob have been so excited for prom. When we first talked about their date a month ago I asked Cambrie what she wanted to do about a dress. She said that Jacob has always wanted to sew a prom dress, so the two of them were going to sew it together. I admit I had my concerns. He had never sewn a dress before and the stakes are pretty high with it being prom. However, I wanted to trust the process. It wasn't easy, especially when they still hadn't purchased the fabric until Monday. She was over at his house every night working on the dress and she was confident it was going to work out great. He called me at 2:00 the afternoon of the dance in a slight panic because the skirt wasn't working, and ended up bringing it over. I was so impressed by what I saw as I helped fix the problem. They worked hard on this dress, everything from the design, to the execution of some of the fine stitching. They did not make it easy on themselves but it turned out beautiful.
I was literally working on the last stich on the slit when Jacob came over to pick her up. And while I couldn't see him, Cambrie said that his jaw dropped when he saw her all dressed up. He brought her a new necklace to wear with the dress and I was loving watching her feel so special.
They didn't want to do the corsage/boutineer thing, but he still brought her flowers.
Look how incredible they look!! Seriously, I can't get over how amazing they did did on this dress and how stunning Cambrie looks in it.
Jacob's mom wanted to go downtown to snap a few pictures so I tagged along. They beat me by a few minutes so I didn't get as many pictures as I could have, but all I really needed was one stunning one of the two of them.



No comments:
Post a Comment