Not knowing how the weather was going to treat us the rest of the day, we made sure we fit in one great stop first thing. We drove to the tiny fishing village of Seydisfjordur to walk the rainbow walk. It was a tricky, snowy drive up and over the mountains, and when we arrived we were greeted by freezing wind and snow-covered streets. Well, Jeremy didn't endure those conditions for nothing, so we got down on our hands and knees and brushed all the snow off of the rainbow pavers. The lighting with the icy blue church made for an incredible contrast of the bright pavers. It seems as though Icelanders don't need much of an excuse to bring bright colors into their lives, it's so charming!
Rainbow Walk Memories
Cambrie: The church was really pretty. Mom was really funny cleaning off the whole
thing. McKenzie was really funny slipping
and falling and losing her phone. And my
hair was giving 2010 side-part era vibes.
It was not popping off. I blame
the wind.
Daxton: The rainbow walk was fun because I liked a lot of
the rainbow bricks.
McKenzie: I fell and it really hurt because the ice was
really slippery. I lost my phone and
Kelton found it.
Jeremy: Going over that pass was terrifying. I’m glad we
found the rainbow road because that was a labor of death defying love.


No comments:
Post a Comment