Monday, January 1, 2024

New Year's Eve

Every year the Skinners host a New Year's Eve/birthday party for Chuck.  We're typically traveling so don't get to go.  This year we were able to make it.  I didn't think we'd last until midnight but every time I checked in on the kids they were having a blast with their friends, even Cambrie who typically has hated these kinds of parties (thank you Schontzes!).  


Before we knew it, it was 11:00 and we were still going strong.  Chuck pulled out LRC and we got down to the one and most exciting party game of the night.  We had the kids go first, each with a $3 buy in.  


The kids slowly were eliminated, yet Daxton and Kelton were still in the game.  Eventually it came down to just the two of them and they were so excited for each other.  Ultimately Daxton won and the pot in the center was his!  $48 and he's a rich man!  It was so much fun seeing him win and seeing his brother's genuine excitement even though it meant he lost.  




Jeremy and I weren't quite as lucky but that was just fine.  It was a blast.  We all kept visiting and before we knew it, it was five minutes to midnight.  We cheered as the ball dropped then gathered everyone up to head home.  I was as shocked as everyone else that I made it until midnight.  But while the rest of my family seems to have bounced back from the lack of sleep I'm apparently no good at this.  I'm crying over butter, pants, blankets, and books.  I'm hopeless.  So while it was a ton of fun...next time I need to make sure I get to bed by my bed time.

No comments: