All right, here we go...all four kids' sports are now in season! Fingers crossed we can find the time to make it to every practice and every game. I'm curious to see what kind of magic I'm going to have to work with the calendar this fall. We signed up Daxton to play soccer for his very first time. I thought that because he's watched his siblings play for years that he would love to finally have his turn. I was right. He loved that he can wear shin guards and cleats, and that he has his own soccer ball. He loved the first 30 minutes of practice. He loved running around with his ball kicking it into the goal. He did take a couple minutes to warm up to the idea of playing by himself, but his faithful big siblings helped him with that.
When it was finally time for the game you could tell that he wasn't quite sure what to think about soccer now. Now there were six kids running around the field jostling for the one ball. He didn't like being pushed or shoved by the other players at all. More than once he came over to me on the sidelines, picked up his own ball, and tried to take it onto the field to play. I was actually really proud of him, at least he wasn't like the other five kids on the sidelines crying and refusing to go out there. I have a sneaking suspicion though that will happen eventually, which is why I tried to get as many pictures of him playing as possible.
Let's hope this smile lasts!
After Daxton's game it was Kelton's turn. He has the same coach and a couple of the same players as last season so there was no adjustment period at all for this kid. He is ready to play. I was impressed by his team that they tried passing it to each other instead of bee-lining it for the goal.
It is going to be a good season for this guy.
Cambrie's game was all the way down in Colorado Springs. It was quite a drive, but it's such a pretty area down there that I didn't mind too much. Her fields are significantly larger this year and she's playing 11 v 11. Her team is still learning how to play positions on a field that large. Unfortunately their passing was a little off on this game and they lost 0-1. The other kids didn't mind, they kept themselves entertained by smashing rocks to smithereens, and making rock murals. I'm sure they'll all have lots of practice keeping themselves entertained at games this season!








No comments:
Post a Comment