Sunday, August 11, 2019

Kenz and I hit Cache Valley

McKenzie and I snuck away for a girls' weekend to go see Faye's baptism.  We took an evening flight and landed in Salt Lake just before stores started to close for the night.  We stopped at Deseret Book to pick up a couple of things and were very surprised to see a Crumbl cookie store inside.  Well, our noses and tummie were beckoning so we did what any girl on a girls' weekend would do, we bought a cookie.  Not just any cookie, but a peanut butter cookie with milk chocolate icing.  It was so delicious that we licked our fingers, and the box, clean.  

Saturday morning was Faye's baptism.  We loved that we were able to be there and celebrate this day with her.  We loved seeing family there and it was great seeing the cousins run around together.  


That same weekend was the Cache County Faire.  We didn't quite have enough time (after our shopping spree and visit to Chuggz with Camille, Emma, and Graham) to see everything we wanted to see.  There were great exhibites in the exhibition hall, but McKenzie only had eyes for the carnival rides.  We had time to squeeze in three very short rides.  I went with her on a thrill ride that had us swinging and spinning.  It was fun, I just wish I had enough tummy power, and tokens, to go on it again.  


We hustled on over to the rodeo where we were just in time to see the rodeo queens riding by.  It doesn't matter what kind of queen it is, McKenzie wants to them.  The rodeo was fabulous.  We saw cowboys and trick riders.  



I left feeling like I wanted to throw in the towel on my suburban life and go buy a ranch in the country.  Too bad I'm allergic to lierally every part of cowgirl life.  Ce la Vi...

No comments: