These don't get to be part of the days of Christmas break countdown, because they happened before Christmas break.
McKenzie finished another season of YMCA basketball. Her team lost every game but one, yet they had a great time. I was so proud of the girls for trying their best and never getting discouraged when going up against those better teams.
The boys and I had some Christmas shopping to take care of, and I made it a yes kind of afternoon. We rode the little toys, bought a pretzel, and played on the dinosaur playground. Yes days are fun and a bit of a relief from always saying, "No."
Jeremy and I had the annual Risas dinner. We have made some great friends over the years and I really look forward to seeing them at least once a year. Jeremy's office made an appearance once again looking fabulous! Somewhere there's a picture of Jeremy and me to prove that we were both at that delicious dinner. There was a hypnotist this year and I admit, I was impressed. I laughed so hard when one of the participants thought he was me as a pro wrestler that I cried.
The girls set up a school downstairs for all of their stuffed animals. I love that Cambrie actually comes up with a curriculum for them. This time they even had elections for class president.
And finally, we've had such a mild winter that we've been able to go to the park any time we want. I kind of wish there was some snow because a white Christmas would be nice.





No comments:
Post a Comment