Christmas morning at your own house is really, really nice. It's calm (for Christmas morning), and we can take the day however it comes. Christmas Eve we read the Nativity Story and sang some Christmas songs. I was most excited about the songs. The kids were most excited about their new jammies. And we were all very excited that Grandma and Grandpa could come to spend Christmas morning with us.
The magic before the morning.
Cambrie and McKenzie were the first ones up. Now knowing how long the boys would take to wake up, they decided to get started.
Grandma and Grandpa hadn't brought their own stockings, so we got really creative and made some so that they'd have their stocking stuffed too.
The girls couldn't wait to give their sister the gift they each made. McKenize made Cambrie a snowglobe with pictures of Cambrie and Puzzle in it. 
Cambrie made McKenzie a clay hedgehog that holds colored pencils as it's spines.
It didn't take the boys that much longer to wake up. Kelton knew immediately what was going on, but Daxton had to warm up to the idea of being awake. Once he did though, he was a gift unwrapping machine. I think I only unwrapped about a third of my gifts, Daxton took care of the rest.
Kelton enjoying his stocking stuffers.
Stretch Armstrong was a fun new surprise...even if the boys can't remember his name and call him Strongarm.
Kelton was really happy Santa gave him the Wii he had been asking for.
Jeremy's big present this year was pretty big. It was a stand-up paddleboard. It was so large that I had to hide it at the Sosa's house so Jeremy wouldn't find it accidentally. Even though the lake is frozen over, Jeremy was still very tempted to take it out.
My present this year was big, and required a lot of present unwrapping. Good think I had a helper. However, each box I unwrapped didn't have the real present in it. I received some of the girls' old sunglasses, an old contact solution box, and various other completely empty boxes. In the final box was a piece of paper that Jeremy had written my gift on. It is an appointment for Lasik surgery! I was shocked. He completely surprised me.
After all of the presents were unwrapped we started to play. Daxton immediately wanted a bath where he could play with his waterfall makers. 

Cambrie set up her dart board and played all morning. Kelton set up his Wii and I didn't see him for nearly two days. We took our Kuub game outside and enjoyed the sunshine. Daxton was really funny playing Kuub. He would pick up whatever stray stick he could find and used them to knock down everyone's pieces while growling. I don't know why it was a good idea to give that kid wooden sticks to throw around!
Daxton's goodies.
Kelton's goodies.
McKenzie's goodies.
Cambrie's goodies.
Jeremy's goodies.
I love pictures like this, the chaos, the fun, the magic, the mess, and everything that is Christmas morning.



No comments:
Post a Comment