Daxton turned two this weekend! His birthday celebrations were spread out over a couple of days...simply because he was one cranky kid. On his actual birthday, the girls took him on a train ride at the Orchard. These were the first smiles we had seen all day!
A day later we tried again with the celebrations, but he wanted nothing to do with it. He spent church in the car driving around screaming and not even the promise of whipped cream was enough to calm him down. He had actually stabilized until he saw me pull out my phone for pictures, then he just wanted to watch a show. That kid!
We tried again with presents. He loves opening presents and has had a lot of practice the last couple of weeks. McKenzie tried talking him into it, but was only somewhat successful.
We gave him a stacking train, a Lego carnival set, and a sleeping bag for the trips we have planned this summer.
The next day Kelton was finally able to give him the present he's been most excited for, a visit to Monkey Bizness. Finally, more real smiles!
Daxton followed Kelton around wherever he went playing copycat. Kelton helped him get up some of the tougher climbs and they played for two hours.
At least we had a positive finale to the weekend.
So I don't dwell on how incredibly difficult this boy is right now, I'll share some things I like. He loves reading books and will sit still for a long time while I read to him. He likes giving "squeezes" (hugs), and gets a big goofy grin on his face. He is a little copycat. When we say, "Hi buddy," he repeats with the cutest little, "hi buddy," I've ever heard. He has the cutest little toddler body and I'll be sad to lose the chubby belly and chubby feet. And he's really fun to tickle. Happy birthday Dax.











No comments:
Post a Comment