Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Beaver Mountain

Even though there hadn't been any new snow in weeks, I was not going to haul all of our skis back to Colorado without using them at least once!  Camille volunteered to watch the boys back at my mom's while my mom and I took the girls up to Beaver Mountain.  I admit, it was a little rough getting started since it was the girls first ski trip this season.  They were frustrated, I was frustrated, and more than halfway tempted to leave them in the lodge and go enjoy the day with my mom.  Luckily my mom had a fabulous idea and took the girls on a trail through the trees.  Their attitudes did a complete reversal.  Suddenly they were happy, smiling, and asking for more runs.  From then on we never stopped.  We found unique runs with trees, trails and jumps.  



Even when the girls were sucked into the empty space under the trees they didn't complain as they dug themselves out.  

I'm so glad that it ended up being a nice day!

No comments: