I haven't done a boy's post in awhile. My boys play so differently from my girls it's crazy. Let's start with this picture. In one day, in completely unrelated incidents all three boys in our house smashed their head on something and left visible wounds. (Jeremy's and Daxton's are in their hairline, and Kelton's is a bruised eye). What am I getting into here?
Boston and his sisters come play pretty frequently. This day they were so "boy" that I had to take a picture. They each hopped on a riding toy and started crashing into each other repeatedly.
One day I was working on finishing a sewing project and the kids were left to their own for a bit. I came upstairs and found Daxton looking like this: Oh boy. And you ask why I don't sew more often?
He was such a mess that the only thing I could do was put him in the tub. He likes to splash and build with his blocks, but he still screams when I try to wash the shampoo out of his hair-every time.
Another day I was trying to catch up on some bills and I looked out the window to see Kelton scooting along the window ledge.
I walked outside and asked him what he was doing. He responded that he was trying to find a way to climb up onto the roof! Sooo close buddy.
I'm now afraid of what I'm going to be losing in the near future. As I was brushing my hair I kept hearing a clink, and then "Uh-oh." Daxton had learned how to pull up the floor vent and was dropping toys down inside. I think I retrieved everything, but I can't be certain. I wonder how often he's going to be playing this game now.
Sometimes they are creative and aren't causing disasters. I like those days. Days like when Kelton paints a picture. He doesn't really like coloring with crayons at all, but he loves painting.
And days like when Daxton will try on an extra pair of shoes laying around the house. No harm there.
I love it even better when they are playing together. Daxton has taken over all of the train tracks in the house and has claimed them as his own. Kelton has been so sweet and doesn't even care that the most recent train track was actually his birthday present. He helps Daxton put the tracks together all the time.
And sometimes the boys are just goofy. Why is he scooting around the kitchen floor with his tongue hanging out? I have no idea.
And why is Kelton trying to dance, spin in circles, and make funny noises while walking to the car from preschool? Because they are goofy, goofy boys.












No comments:
Post a Comment