Friday, September 8, 2017

Frozen

Back in March I saw an advertisement saying that Frozen was coming to town.  I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale and saved them as a surprise for the girls. The girls really liked Aladdin and the whole atmosphere of the evening.  McKenzie was worried that she was going to be the only one wearing an Elsa dress.  I knew better.  I wished I could have accurately counted just how many girls were dressed up.  There were a lot of dresses that I had seen before, and others that were brand new.  McKenzie loved it.  We were surprised to see some familiar faces at the theater.  The Marsh family was there and so we snapped a picture of Lydia and McKenzie in their dresses.  

The show itself was great.  No one can quite compete with Idina Menzel for "Let it Go," but it was great nonetheless.  The play writers added a bunch of new songs to fill in some gaps on stage and I thought they were fun to listen to.  I liked the special events which made the whole stage frost over, and later turned Anna to ice.  That scene when they were walking through the storm over the fjord was probably the most impressive to me.  It was a great evening with my girls.

No comments: