Okay, I know I posted last year about how Kelton was potty training. Well, he did really well for about three weeks then got sick for another three weeks. Combine that with my pregnancy and a new baby...suffice it to say the diapers were back. This is the first time that I've had two babies in diapers. I didn't really feel like I was changing diapers all the time, so that wasn't what was killing me. The most annoying part of having two babies in diapers was buying two boxes of diapers at Costco. Throw one box in your cart and you don't have room for much else. Throw in two boxes and it becomes a juggling act to just get those to the cashier without the ravioli, butter, Nutella, and gummies tumbling to the floor (forget the baby in the baby carseat that has nowhere else to go except to dangle from my arm). So imagine my delight when I went to Costco and only had to buy one box of diapers! Oh what a happy day! The first week of school Kelton surprised me by wanting to go potty. I humored him for about two or three days with gummy snacks after each successful round, but I wasn't prepared for it to actually stick. He was getting A LOT of gummies. So instead we came up with his sticker chart. When I asked him what he wanted as a prize, he requested an orange monster cake. Strange, still sugary, but easy to fulfill! So for a week he filled up his sticker chart with just one or two little accidents. I couldn't help but think, "This potty training thing isn't that bad!" When he was ready, he was ready. He redeemed his sticker chart the night before my surgery, so we had to do quick and easy cupcakes but he was thrilled.
Fast forward to now, about two weeks later and with my surgery thrown in, he's still doing well. It was rough when I was resting most of the day in bed, but I think he's back. Yippee and a happy dance!


No comments:
Post a Comment