Friday, September 23, 2016

Mustang Mile 2016

Another Mustang Mile is in the books!  We started out with the race which turned out to be a little wild.  I was holding the 4th grade sign to keep the big kids from stampeding the little kids, it was crazy windy and I had two tired boys.  McKenzie lined up with 1st grade and after they all took off I was hoping to watch them run.  Of course, Kelton needed to go potty at that very moment.  By the time we ran back outside I wasn't sure if I had missed them or not.  Cambrie dashed passed me at a blinding speed and I thought perhaps McKenzie had already gone by too since she has been doing running club and is pretty strong.  It took a few minutes but I eventually found both girls at the finish line.  They were pretty happy.  

The day before the 4th and 5th graders had done a time trial to see who would qualify for a district-wide cross country meet.  Surprisingly Cambrie claimed a spot!  She took 5th out of the 4th grade girls.  I always knew she was fast enough, but that day she decided she wanted it.  I think she had something to prove that night which is why she sped by so fast.

  After the run it was time for the games!  The girls ran off with friends while Kelton and I hung out inside for awhile bouncing on the bounce houses.  Waiting in line with Brody and Brayden.  

McKenzie joined us a little later.  It was chilly that night and I hadn't brought coats for anyone.  While we were waiting for the carnival games, the kids tried to keep themselves warm however they could.  

Cambrie appeared about half way through the night with her friends and a prize already in her hand.  I guess they combined their tickets to get everyone what they wanted.  

The end of the evening came quickly.  Kelton ended up with some binoculars, McKenzie had growing creatures, and Cambrie has a new bean bag lizard.  

That night we immediately put McKenzie's growing creatures in the tub.  It took three days for them to grow to their full size.  They checked on them all the time while they were growing wondering how big they were going to get.  They ended up pretty large.  I had three very happy kiddos as a result of the Mustang Mile this year.


No comments: