We are on schedule to put up sheetrock this week in the basement. It has taken Jeremy and I much, much longer to get to this point than we expected but at least we're there. Basements are a ton of work! Framing around every single pipe, corner, vent, and weird existing condition takes a lot of creativity. The problem is that we know what the end step is supposed to look like, but we aren't familiar enough with the rest of the project to know what the dozen steps are that need to be taken before that final product. After we finished the framing, electrical, and about half the plumbing we decided that we had learned enough. We were done. We contacted Bob, the contractor who has been helping us stay on track for the project, and have turned it over to him. He has been finishing up odds and ends for the rough inspection, which passed today, and then he'll coordinate the insulation, sheetrock, trim, and painting for us. I almost don't dare hope that the walls will go up this week because it seems like there's always one delay after another. But maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to have walls covered and lightswitches activated. What a dream to do laundry in a sawdust free environment! I'm meeting with our flooring guy tomorrow to finalize tile and carpet. That has also been very exciting and I hope it all comes together like I'm envisioning. One day soon-ish, I'll be able to move all of the toys back downstairs, Jeremy will be able to park in the garage, I'll be able to find my food storage, decorations, and baby supplies, and I'll have much less clutter in the rest of the house. It's so close I can taste it and it's driving me crazy!
Kelton loved helping. Hammering the giant spikes were his favorite part.
Looking towards the "hideaway" under the stairs, the bathroom, and the bedroom.
Looking towards the storage room.
The family room.
This is from the laundry room looking towards the laundry sink, and another storage closet.
From the back corner of the family room looking towards the stairs.
No comments:
Post a Comment