Friday, October 16, 2015

Anderson Farms field trip

I was finally able to chaperone one of my kids' field trips this year!  Every time up until now that Cambrie has had a field trip I'm either not chosen as one of the parents, out of town, home with a new baby, or haven't been able to find a sitter for my other kids.  Needless to say Cambrie was pretty jealous that I was able to go to the pumpkin patch with McKenzie, but I'll just have to make it up to her one day.  Kenzie was thrilled.  I only had three kids in my group to keep an eye on and it seemed too easy, but I wasn't complaining.  Leesa and Kelton met us there so I was able to spend some time with them too. 

(Austin, Ruby, and McKenzie) 

It was McKenzie's first time riding the bus and she didn't love it.  She had fun, but she thought it was way too noisy.  It was only her class on the bus, imagine what she'd think if the bus was actually full.  When we arrived we immediately sat down to eat our picnic lunches then went off to a presentation about the farm.  The highlight of the trip was riding in a wagon off to the pumpkin fields to choose our pumpkins.  Most of the kids went straight for the white ghost pumpkins.  I'm glad we came home with a few of those because I also think they're pretty neat.  


After the wagon ride we had time for one class picture and then we were done!  It went way too fast, but I was glad I was able to be there with my munchkin!

No comments: