I love Conference Weekend. I love being able to sit in the comfort of my home and listen to the prophet and apostles. I love what I feel while listening to their talks. I love that my children are also excited about the weekend. And I love that we can make our family traditions as simple or as fun as we want. This year we decided to try something new to keep Kelton on track. We set out twelve different kinds of treats that matched twelve different key-words from the conference talks. Every time the kids heard the word they were able to eat one snack. They have never paid closer attention to the talks! Of course, after about an hour and a half of this they were so wound up from the treats (even though a good half of them were healthy) that they didn't hear a single word. Oh well, 75% success rate is pretty good for little kids. During the other sessions we played bingo and colored quietly, but my kids are already considering the key word treat game their absolute favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment