Saturday, March 1, 2014

Saturday chores

Today we initiated Saturday morning chores.  The conversation with Cambrie went something like this:

Cambrie: Are we doing anything today?
Me: Yes, I have a plan.
Cambrie:  Yea!  A plan!  What is it?
Me: I'll tell you after breakfast.
Cambrie: I can't wait!

After breakfast
Cambrie: Now can you tell me the plan?
Me: Yes.  We are going to do Saturday morning chores!
Cambrie: What?!  That is NOT a fun plan!
Me: I know, but it's time to get started.  You and your sister are going to clean your bathroom.
Cambrie: Booorrriinggg!

While cleaning the bathroom
Cambrie: Mom, this is so much fun!
McKenzie: Ya.  Why don't I get to clean the toilet?
Me: Because your sister is bigger.
Cambrie: Okay mom, the toilet is done.  Why does McKenzie get more jobs than I do?  
Me: Her jobs are shorter, but I can give you more if you want.
Cambrie: Ya!  Can I clean the toilet downstairs too?
Me: Sure, go ahead.

After the downstairs bathroom is clean
Cambrie: What about your bathroom?
Me: Mine is big, so I'll take care of that.
Cambrie: Don't we have any more chores?  That was fun.
Me: Each week will be a bit different.  McKenzie and I already did a lot of the other chores earlier this week.
McKenzie: Ya, we cleaned everything!  
Cambrie: What do we get to do next week?

Geez, I hope they remember how excited they were this morning.

No comments: