Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ski the Little Beav

There are a couple of reasons I love Beaver Mountain.  Number one: they are affordable.  McKenzie is on my mom's season pass for free, and the rest of us don't have to give up our life savings for a lift ticket.  Number two: The magic carpet is perfect for little skiers, and Little Beav is adventurous enough to satisfy Cambrie's blossoming talent.  Number three: the lodge is super easy access which means that we can take shifts watching Kelton and it doesn't cut into anyone's day.  The weather was super warm and it was the perfect day to teach the girls how to ski.  I wasn't sure how Cambrie would do since this is her first time going this season.  After only two or three quick runs down the magic carpet she was ready for the lift and some real terrain.  Jeremy and I had every intention of teaching her how to ski, but when your sister is an actual ski instructor and does such a fabulous job without even trying...well, it's hard to compete.  

My loving sister spent her entire day with my daughters patiently practicing pizza's and zoom skis.  



I had no idea what to expect with McKenzie since she only went once last year.  Her balance was fabulous and she worked really hard on her pizza skis, but she simply ran out of energy quickly.  Every time I took a break with Kelton in the lodge, she joined us.

Her favorite part of the day was riding the chairlift.  We tagged along after Cambrie for a few runs and as we rode along McKenzie would call out, "Helllllooo everybody down there!  We are so high!"

When it was time for lunch I would walk out and ask Cambrie if she was ready for lunch.  Her response, "I want to go again!"  And again...and again...and again.   I basically had to bribe her with cookies to get her to come in and take a break.  Then when Jeremy and I wanted to take one last run on our own, I had to plead with her to be done.  That's a good sign right?  My girls are already asking when they can go again.

Kelton cheering for his sisters and waiting his turn.

And Jeremy and I with a quick couple picture, thrilled that our girls are having a good time.

No comments: