Thursday, January 23, 2014

First Zoo Trip

I decided to take the kiddos to the zoo on Wednesday.  I was just hoping the weather would be reasonable and my kids wouldn't freeze.  Luckily it wasn't bad.  Had they worn all of the hats, gloves, and coats I brought with us we could have lasted all afternoon.  As it was, their stubbornness at wearing winter clothing limited us to barely two hours, but we still had a good time.  We saw a porcupine, which I thought was pretty neat and the girls thought was awesome since in their mind it is pretty close to a hedgehog.

They loved watching the tigers....and Spotty did too.  


The kids' picture next to the giraffe was not super successful..,.


...but I had a little better luck in the tropical rainforest house with at least two of them looking.  


Cambrie spotted every frog to satisfy her obsession, and every turtle to satisfy the obsession of a classmate, Kate.  I am supposed to be printing off one of these pictures of a turtle to give to Kate actually.  

We saw the new elephant exhibit for the first time, and I can only imagine how alive it is during the summer.  It looks great.  McKenzie was baffled as to why there were elephant footprints on the ground that didn't lead anywhere.  

Kelton was a trooper and even though he didn't notice a single animal, he was just happy to be out and about.  


I tried one more time before we left to get a good picture of all three kids, and figured that this was about as good as it was going to get.  The kids were freezing by this point and we were all looking forward to hot cocoa and dinner at home.  

No comments: