For our seventh anniversary, Jeremy surprised me with a family trip up to Steamboat Springs. I knew Saturday morning that we were taking off Saturday afternoon and I was completely surprised. After a quick morning packing we were off on an adventure. While we were up there we went tubing, played in the snow (since there isn't any to speak of at our house), swam in the hotel pool, visited the Ice Castles, and simply had a good time. I am going to post some of the random pictures in this post, then the more event-specific pictures in following posts.
Cambrie loves, loves, loves icicles. She was so happy to find an endless supply.
And we found the McKenzie loves, loves, loves eating snow. She was perfectly content to sit and eat snow regardless of what we were doing.
We found a snow-covered park to play at. While it was difficult to swing on the swings because of the low clearance, that didn't stop Cambrie from getting high enough to jump out every chance she got.
I convinced McKenzie to sit on this snowman's shoulders while I took her picture. With each step I took back I kept thinking, "Snowman please don't collapse. Snowman please don't fall. McKenzie please don't let go." Luckily for us everyone stayed put.
With Jeremy around you never know what ordinary thing will create an adventure. Case in point, this bower roof. I saw a roof, Jeremy saw a sledding hill. Without much prodding he was able to convince Cambrie to climb up and sled down. She had a lot of fun until she landed "plop" in the snow instead of sliding down her ramp.
Jeremy thought it was too much fun to pass up so he sled too. He also went "plop,"
We also found a thin sheet of ice in a parking lot that was perfect for sliding across. Cambrie was able to hold her balance pretty well.
McKenzie was just holding on for dear life.
They also played king of the mountain for a bit. Cambrie successfully pushed Jeremy down a few times, but Jeremy ruled that mountain. Two seconds after this picture was taken, all three of them tumbled down the hill since Jeremy lost his balance. I love that I got the moment on film.
No comments:
Post a Comment