Saturday, August 11, 2012

Salt Lake County Fair

While Jeremy, his Grandpa, Dad, and brother were up in Alaska fishing, the girls and I hung out in Utah with family.  We got the fun started right away with a visit to the Salt Lake County Fair.  Luckily for us it was only blocks from Leesa's house and made the visit very convenient.  After a dinner of failed fair food we decided to check out the rides.  The first one the girls saw that caught their interest were the pony rides.  The girls loved it, as seen by their super cute smiles, but Cambrie was hoping that they didn't just have to walk around in circles. 


Next we passed by the petting zoo.  We were given a cupful of sliced carrots and told to keep your hand nice and flat.  It was very good advice seeing as the animals there knew exactly what they were doing and had no reservations getting that food.  This goat was particularly aggressive. 

McKenzie was a little nervous about the whole thing and did not think the camel was quite as exciting as I did. 

Ironically the animal that made Cambrie the most nervous was the tortoise.  It was scooting along the perimeter of the fence, but it started moving with such speed that Cambrie tried crawling up me so it wouldn't attack her.  Hilarious! 

After we got cleaned up we headed for more fun and found ourselves on the Ferris wheel.  The girls were all smiles as we went around, around, and around.  It provided a great view of the park so that by the time we got off the girls knew exactly where they wanted to go next. 

We spent the next hour on the kiddie rides.  The simple spinning of the Ferris wheel had maxed out my dizzy quota for the day so I was glad the girls could ride on these without adult assistance.  Every time McKenzie came around she would wave and call out, "Hi Mom!" 

And Cambrie made a different silly face each time I saw her. 

She was totally enjoying her sister driving her around like royalty.

When it came time for the girls to choose their final ride Cambrie headed straight to the big-kid rides.  She originally chose the Zipper but we found she was still too short for that, so she settled for the Gravitron.  I blame the Gravitron for my dizzy weakness and there was no way I'd make it through that ride.  Luckily Leesa has no problems and joined her for the fun.  While they were spinning in crazy circles I took McKenzie on one last pirate ship ride.  When they came back I asked how she liked it, "It was so much fun Mom!  I was spinning, and spinning, and I couldn't get off the wall!"  Apparently she had loved it and tried crawling up the walls during the ride.  I would have loved to have seen that.  Alas, our evening had to come to an end so we picked up some snow cones and kettle korn to munch on the way home.  We all slept very well that night-we had completely worn ourselves out! 

No comments: