When the "go" finally sounded Cambrie took off like a rocket and I didn't see her for the next ten minutes or so. McKenzie was having a rough time picking up eggs fast enough. As soon as she set her eyes on an egg a big kid would swoop in and take it out from under her. I eventually found the toddler egg zone where there were still plenty of eggs to be found and lots of slow-moving babies picking them up. Perfect for Kenz.
After the chaos was over McKenzie had about five eggs in her basket and I was just hoping that Cambrie did all right fending for herself. I shouldn't have been worried. She could not have fit another egg in her basket it was so full.
I tried to snag a family picture of the three of us having a good time. I'm actually pretty impressed with how this one turned out.
Then the girls munched on their goodies for a bit before jumping in the bounce castle and then we headed home for lunch.
Later that afternoon our friends hosted another egg hunt at their house. By now the girls were warmed up and ready to go.
Cambrie hunted high and low for her eggs and ended up choosing a Velcro bunny toss game for her prize.
McKenzie was still a little slower and had to look longer for her egg quota but filled it up without much hassle and found a little bunny sippy cup too.
While the kids pigged out on their new candy the adults got to have an egg hunt of their own. The hosts had hidden eggs in the open space behind their house; eggs with ice-cream gift certificates, jewelry, $1, $10, $20, and even one $100 prize. Everyone was looking for that $100 egg. It took us a long time too. We were just steps away from where it was found but still came home with $20. I can't complain!
After all of the eggs had been found the kids got to play in the yard. There was a zip line, which both girls loved, and a little roller coaster. We have such good friends, it was a blast!
Later that night we decided we should finally get around to decorating our Easter eggs. McKenzie kept making me nervous as she climbed all over the counter, a toddler plus a dozen cups of dye...not a good combination. Ironically I was the one who spilled the one and only spill of the evening.
Cambrie was very methodical about everything and wanted all of her eggs to look beautiful. She took great pride in her glitter eggs and sunset egg. McKenzie on the other hand was just too excited and kept throwing eggs at me until I put them in the dye for her. But it wasn't that disastrous of an event after all, in fact we had a good time.
The next morning the girls woke up ready to find their Easter baskets. The Easter Bunny had forgotten to leave eggs scattered around the house and Cambrie was devastated, thinking that he had not stopped by our house. It took a lot of hints to convince her that not only did he visit, but he did in fact hide a basket for her. When she finally found it she was so excited! She has been asking for her own set of scriptures for awhile and was very pleased that the bunny had answered her request for that and a new CTR ring.
Cambrie helped Miss McKenzie find her basket and then together they ate through their eggs (there were only two filled with candy at this point) then played with their new toys. They got pens, notebooks, play dough, and colored bubbles.
Kenzie was eating her candy with her third arm for some reason :)
Once the basket was empty, what else to do but wear it as a hat eh?
The colored bubbles the girls received are actually very colored. The colors are so vibrant that they actually color whatever they pop on. They will be fantastic summer sprinkler toys.
The girls each got new Easter dressed too. I always make their dresses and typically like to make really pretty dresses. However, with the clothing battles I'm fighting already I decided to make something that the girls would actually wear without much complaint. While in Breckenridge earlier this spring I found the cutest fabric to make skirts for all of us, and I am very happy with how they turned out.
We walked across the street to take pictures of the beautiful girls in their beautiful pictures before church had a chance to ruin the moment. Cute girls!
A pretty pose from Cambrie.
And a gorgeous smile from McKenzie.
I made a skirt for myself this year and Jeremy insisted on taking a picture of me too...I guess that's fair.
Easter dinner was a simple affair this year (Cambrie has been begging for spaghetti for weeks now) but to keep it special we also make resurrection rolls. You roll jumbo marshmallows (Jesus' body) in butter (burial oils) and rolls in cinnamon sugar (the spices used), then you roll the body in a crescent roll (his tomb) and bake. When the rolls come out of the oven the marshmallows have melted leaving an empty tomb. Cambrie thought it was really neat. We tried hard to help her remember the reason we celebrate Easter and put a lot of emphasis on Christ's resurrection. It was a really nice weekend.

1 comment:
Ow ow! Look at you, you sexy babe! I love the skirt you made. So cute. Your girls are growing up so fast and are absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment