Monday, April 9, 2012

Battle of the khakis


Cambrie and I do battle in the morning while she decides what to wear each day.  If we're not going anywhere, I have reached the point where I don't care what she wears as long as she's not wearing pajamas.  If we are going somewhere we have to reach some compromise so she doesn't look like a complete hooligan.  Today was one of those days.  She chose a long shirt/dress and layered it with sweatpants that were two inches too short for her.  I really didn't want to let her out of the house like that and begged her to choose something different.  But since we were going to preschool I decided to just let it go and went to get dressed myself.  Imagine my surprise when I walked out of my room and saw her dressed like this!  What?  A button up shirt and pants with a zipper?!  You have got to be kidding me!  She was so happy to look like a little grown-up and I couldn't resist taking her picture. 

Of course Kenzie saw her sister posing for a picture and posed for a picture herself.  Ha!  Love it. 

When I dropped Cambrie off at preschool Rachel was shocked, because she had never seen Cambrie in actual pants before.  Wow.  Battle of the khakis was a success today!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I was shocked. So grown up and cute. And that pose from Kenzie.....awesome! :)

jor johnson said...

She does look pretty dang cute...and old! I still think of all the philly kids as the age they were when we left. McKenzie is a crack up!

p.s. I'm slightly blog stalking to hear how boston went :)