Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Shin-digs

Happy New Year's!  Our New Year's Eve celebration was going to be pretty toned down this year.  Both of our girls have been sick all week so we knew that any party we had would just be the four of us.  I had planned on doing cheese fondue for dinner thinking that the girls would love it.  Well, neither one of them have been eating much of anything lately, and even the temptation of cheesy goodness wasn't enough to get them to eat.

  So Jeremy and I ate it all (Ha! Ha! Ha!) 

But after dinner we received a call from our neighbors wanting to know if we wanted to head on over and play games after the kids were in bed.  (Now, before I continue, I just hope that I don't get in trouble for this next sentence.  So if you're the type to get me trouble, you can stop reading here.)  We said of course!  We put the girls to bed, turned on the baby monitor, locked the doors, and walked next door to hang out with our neighbors.  We played Ticket to Ride, xBox Kinect, ate some yummy food, and counted down to 2012.  Our night turned out not to be a flop after all.  In fact we had a really good time.  Thanks Paul and Dana for the party!

4 comments:

bobandhaley said...

Ha! We do that too, only our neighbor "monitor sits" for us all the time. Ticket to ride is the best.

Angela said...

Haha, I love your disclaimer! Glad you had a fun New Years!

Teri said...

Annette! Your girls are so grown up and beautiful! I have been the WORST blogger ever and decided to catch up on everyone. I've had a lot of fun catching up on your family :) Glad all is well and you had a great New Years! Loved the idea by the way. Sounded great :)

nathalia said...

We're dying to neighbors to move close by so that we can do the same! "Monitor" sitting is a reality and it is awesome!