Our little Miss McKenzie is two-years-old! That is just a little more than slightly crazy to me..ah..but sweet. Her birthday celebration began that morning when she saw a birthday balloon just for her.
For lunch we tried something new and used a trick that my roommate Hailey taught us, octopus and people hot dogs. Cambrie thought they were incredibly silly and enjoyed eating her octopus a leg at a time, while McKenzie just played with her food.
Later that night we did cake and presents. McKenzie is really into snowmen lately and so Jeremy made her a snowman cake. We thought it was kind of fun that the snowman was able to hold the candles. After a joyful round of Happy Birthday she blew out the candles like a pro and got the first piece of the night.
Our friends, Sarrah and Emma were over for the evening and got to join us in our festivities. Cute girls huh?
And since we forgot to get a "before" picture of the cake, this one post-serving will have to do.
Then it was on to the presents. I had to go to YW that night, so unfortunately the party was a little rushed. Between McKenzie ripping through the paper without stopping and Cambrie providing an endless supply of presents, we got through them all in record time.
McKenzie got some building blocks that Jeremy likes playing with just as much as the girls.
She got some new blankets for her doll bed from Grandma, bath crayons, a new coloring book, clothes from Nana, a booster seat so she can finally reach her food without standing on the chairs all the time (look how happy she is!),
...and a new pair of roller skates. When Cambrie and I were wrapping them she asked why she didn't get any skates. I told her that you had to be a brave skater before you could get skates. She started to protest then said, "Oh ya. McKenzie's a braver skater than I am." She moves on the carpet well but slips all over the place on the wood. It was very entertaining to watch.
And since she flew through the presents faster than we could keep up with the trash, a picture in the middle of the wrapping paper seemed perfectly suiting.
Happy birthday sweetheart!
3 comments:
I cannot believe she's two! I was just looking at old blog posts and saw a picture of Abby giving her kisses when she was itty bitty! She's such a cutie!
That's crazy! I remember when she was just a newborn!
Wow. Two already. Wow.
Post a Comment