Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was spent in Morgan with Jeremy's family.  It was actually really weird not having Thanksgiving at the Farnsworths with our friends in Philly.  But spending the holiday with family is still a great way to celebrate.  It makes me really grateful for the wonderful families both Jeremy and I have.  

For some reason I have always felt we need to wear nice clothes to Thanksgiving dinner.  I don't know where that comes from, but regardless we all put on our newest and shiniest comfy clothes for the occasion (they can't be too fancy because they still need to fit after the meal).  Cambrie's clothes were particularly cute and I had to chase her around the house with a camera to prove it before they came off after dinner.  It's the best smile of the day :)  
McKenzie appropriately got her first tooth on Thanksgiving.  It didn't mean that she ate any more than usual, in fact she sure was grumpy and clingy during dinner and I couldn't even get up to fill my plate without a major meltdown from her.  Eating mashed potatoes and gravy over an infant's head is not an easy task.  Luckily for her I only spilled gravy on me instead of on top of her.

Is it weird that neither one of my girls likes mashed potatoes?  I think it's strange.  The only thing Cambrie ate for all of Thanksgiving was a couple of rolls.  She didn't even eat pie!  Ah...the joys of toddler-hood. McKenzie fell in love with the yams and cleaned off my plate.  She also loved, loved, loved the pumpkin pudding.  

After dinner Cambrie wrestled with Nana and tried to climb her legs over and over again.  She's just silly.  

By the end of the night she was completely pooped.  Chalyse was a good cousin and cuddled with her while we got things cleaned up and loaded in the car.  I would definitely call it a successful Thanksgiving dinner.


1 comment:

jor johnson said...

I'm the same with getting dressed up a bit on Thanksgiving!! I don't know why, but I think we just should! My boys do not think so though and halfway through the dinner took their nice shirts off, stinkers :) Looks like you guys had a great time and some yummy food!