We finally had our Internet hooked up yesterday, so now I feel like we're part of the outside world again. This past week doesn't feel like it existed in real life. All we did every day was unpack box after box. Today I collapsed my last box and it is such a relief. Moving is always an adventure.
When we first arrived at the house Cambrie was so excited. She got out of the car and started running circles around the house. McKenzie did her best to keep up and was crawling at top speed, but whenever she got to her destination, Cambrie had already taken off again. Unfortunately for me, she was so fast that my poor camera couldn't keep up either so the pictures are a little blurry. 
Upstairs in their room, Cambrie couldn't wait to show Kenzie where they would be sleeping.
As Jeremy and I were checking out the kitchen, Cambrie came running in without McKenzie following behind. We heard some happy squeals coming from the other side of the house and found that Cambrie had shut McKenzie in the office. It was actually a great place for the girls to play while we unloaded stuff.
Since we had no table unpacked the first night we ate on the floor. It was quite a juggling act because all McKenzie wanted to do was grab at our plates. At least our paper dishes were easy to clean up that night.
After cleaning up we headed outside. The only toy we had to play with that night was a bouncy ball. Cambrie and Jeremy played fetch in the front yard until it was too dark to see anymore.
When it came time to go to bed, we realized that it was going to be an interesting night. We had two full size quilts, two baby blankets, and one pillow to share between us. We put the girls to sleep in their room, but since McKenzie didn't have a crib or pack 'n play that night she kept crawling around and wouldn't settle down. So we did what any responsible parent would do and locked her in the closet. Once she fell asleep we felt a little guilty having her trapped in there, so we cracked the door open. In the middle of the night Jeremy heard McKenzie screaming. He found her in their bathroom standing next to the toilet looking confused and scared. Poor girl! After we put the girls down to bed, we cleaned all of the carpets. Apparently the lady who lived here before us had cats, and Jeremy and I are both allergic. She had to get as much cat hair out of here as possible. When we were done and it was time to go to sleep, the carpets were still wet. The living room was the driest, so that's where we settled down. Since they were still a little damp, we had to open up a cardboard box and lay it under our blanket to keep us dry. Jeremy and I ended up sharing one blanket and I stole Cambrie's pillow. He used a package of diapers for his pillow. Unfortunately it was really cold that night so it was pretty miserable and we looked very pathetic. We were very grateful to have our bed the next day.
Thursday all we did was unload and unpack. Cambrie kept herself busy pretty well and found her Play-Dough early on. She pulled me aside from unloading the kitchen to show me that she had made herself out of Play-Dough. I couldn't believe the detail-fingers, shoes, eyes, and a design on her shirt. Nice work honey!
McKenzie kept following us around like a lost little puppy and quickly learned how to climb the stairs. Rats! I think we were only there eight hours before she had climbed up three stairs. We'll have to keep an eye on her.
Finally the truck was unloaded and I couldn't help but take a picture of Jeremy crashed on the dining room floor. He was exhausted.
Friday we started pulling things out of boxes. Jeremy taught Cambrie how to use a socket wrench and she actually tightened all of the bolts that held those shelves together. She now knows the difference between a Flathead and a Phillips screwdriver, and helped us pound some nails into the wall. She was a great little helper.
After the work of course comes the play. Now that we have stairs....I can't wait to see what kind of craziness my husband and daughters have on those. But now we can relax and settle into a routine. We are done and I can't wait for life to return to normal.
1 comment:
Somehow I'm not surprised to see Jeremy teaching his daughters to slide down the stairs in a sleeping bag :) What a fun dad!
I'm so excited for you to have a new home and job!
Post a Comment