Yesterday while getting McKenzie's immunizations, I had a couple of mommy moments that I just have to share.
On our way to the clinic I heard McKenzie gagging and chocking on something. I asked Cambrie what she was chewing on and apparently it was just her fingers. When I pulled her out of the car she was still gagging even though she wasn't chewing on her fingers anymore, but I did see something fuzzy on her cheek. There was something fuzzy on her fingers, and after a slurpy gag something fuzzy came out of her mouth. It looked like quilt batting. Weird? Come to find out she had put her hand underneath her car seat cover and was ripping the batting away from her car seat and eating eat. That was a child hazard I never would have expected. What kind of baby eats their car seat?
Mommy moment number two: We were in the crowded waiting room waiting to be called back for McKenzie's shots. Cambrie walked away from the toys to tell me that something was poking her bottom. Then she grabbed her pants and panties and pulled them down trying to look at her bum! "Mom, I think I have diarrhea." What?! "First of all, pull those pants back up sweetie. I don't think you have diarrhea, you are just fine." (As a disclaimer, she had no diarrhea). I heard a lot of snickering in the waiting room, mostly from all the seventh graders also waiting for their immunizations. Oh boy. Being a mom is never boring is it?
5 comments:
I enjoyed catching up on your blog. I especially love Cambrie with the hose in a giant mud puddle. My girls would LOVE that! It is amazing how fast kids change. Your girls look so big and it has only been a few months. What are your families plans?
If it makes you feel any better, Krista used to pull out the batting from her car seat and shove it up her nose!
lol, love it! i also love the pic of your princesses on the side bar, they're already looking so much bigger! i miss seeing you every sunday in primary!
I think it's probably more common than people will say. Gabi also, has eaten her car seat padding....yuck!
The "sisters" picture on your blog is SO SO SO cute!!! They are adorable!! What funny stories-- Cambrie seems to have a way with putting together words.:)
Post a Comment