Friday, August 27, 2010

Dr. Rogers is done!

He's done!  He's done!  Jeremy finally has his diploma in hand and is ready to leave Philadelphia!  What began as a three week separation to finish up a few loose ends turned into an eight week drama with rapidly unraveling ends.  It seemed that no matter what Jeremy did, he just kept getting farther and farther behind.  I think he went through five bridge patients in the last eight weeks trying to get the one that he needed.  Either they couldn't pay at the last minute, they changed their mind, or they just didn't show.  When he finally found one who was ready to go, the lab assistants at the school were fired...so what used to be a one-day turn-around for copings and porcelain, was now a 10 day wait for each step.  Hmm..can you say set-back?   After some intense discussions with the deans and faculty, we found a compromise that worked for everyone and Jeremy was able to legitimately finish all his requirements.  What a sigh of relief!  When we had approval from the dean to go ahead with the plan I burst into tears.  I hadn't realized how emotionally unstable I was until I heard the words, "He said yes."  Cambrie kept asking me what was wrong, and I had difficulty explaining to her that I was so happy because Daddy's teachers were being very nice.  He gets to come home!  The plan with his bridge went perfectly and the staff was happy, willing, and available to sign everything off so he could receive his diploma. 
I will be so happy to have a husband again.  Being a single mom living at home is not my first choice of circumstances.  Our families have been wonderful in helping us through this, but there's nothing like having a husband at your side.  While Jeremy was still in Philly, he missed McKenzie learning how to sit up, how to crawl, laughing, and really coming into her personality.  Cambrie missed having her dad around for her swimming lessons, learning how to light fireworks, insisting on brushing her own hair and teeth, and just growing up.  I can't wait to see him.  He leaves tomorrow morning but is stopping in Kentucky and Colorado before coming here, so I won't see him for a week but the end is so near that I can handle a seven day countdown.  Yea!

14 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations!

Holly Sanders said...

cool! WHat ever happened to the Subaru?

Annette said...

The Subaru died in November...a very sad passing

Anonymous said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! I am so excited for you to be able to see your hubby again soon! And congrats to Jeremy! What an accomplishment!!

Kim said...

Congrats to Jeremy! I'm glad you won't have to be a single mom anymore!

Alissa said...

What a relief!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Tamar and Trevor said...

Horry! I am so glad that you guys will be together again! Single parenthood stinks!!!

Kendra Owens said...

Im so so glad to hear it all worked out!!! I enjoyed our get together. It was so so fun to catch up.

sara cardon said...

HOORAY!!! That is great news-- I've been wondering what was happening with Jeremy and if he was finished yet. What an enormous relief!!

Arti said...

*sigh! Congratulations! It's incredible the power contained in a simple (yet very complicated) piece of paper. I'm happy you'll be reunited. :)

Angela said...

Yay! What a relief to finally have everything done! I'm so glad you will have your husband back again!

Teri said...

Congrats you guys! What an awesome feeling...especially after a story like that one! yikes!

Oh! And your girlies are as beautiful as ever! I hope you and Jeremy are reunited soon and are loving this new chapter of life after dental school!!!

Kolbein said...

How exciting! both for the degree and for the two of you being able to be near each other again. Congratulations.

jor said...

What a mess and a hard 8 weeks! I'm so sorry but so glad it worked out! He looks soooo happy in that picture. Good luck with these next few months!