Monday, April 5, 2010
Easter morning
Easter morning Cambrie woke up at 6:00 and was so excited to see what the Easter Bunny brought her that she couldn't go back to sleep. The video we have from that morning is really fun. Cambrie was running all over the house finding lost eggs and was very confused as to where the Bunny hid her basket, and kept asking why. She finally found it and was in heaven. She got gum, a new movie, and lots of eggs to open.
The fun didn't stop at Cambrie's Easter basket though, she helped McKenzie pull the goodies out of her basket, and even helped Jeremy find his.
Here's a picture of the girls in their Easter jammies. I love McKenzie's smile!
Later that day we finally dyed our Easter eggs. The first thing Cambrie did was drop her egg in the yellow cup. It splashed all over the place:the counter, her clothes, her hair, and her eyelid (weird, I know). She quickly learned that you had to lower the eggs slowly. We only dyed six of them. In the past it takes us a couple of weeks to go through our dyed hard boiled eggs so it seemed a shame to cook the entire dozen; after all, I wanted to bake cookies that night. Imagine my surprise when I woke up from an afternoon nap to discover that Cambrie had managed to stuff the eggs into her tea party teapot, shell and all. Jeremy was able to dig them out but they had all broken. We ate egg sandwiches for a snack that day. I don't even think the eggs made it back into the fridge before they were devoured.
We had a great Easter weekend. It was so busy that I had a hard time remembering the reason for the holiday and did most of my reflecting today. I read the Easter scripture story to Cambrie and tried to help her understand that we celebrate Easter to remember our Savior and what he did for us. Explaining it to her made me realize how real a story it is, and how hard it had to have been for the Savior and Heavenly Father to do what they did to save us. The story of our Christ's death and resurrection touches my heart every time I hear or read it. I love Him and know that He loves us so, so much. I love the Easter season and what a great reminder it is of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment