As soon as we got to the church Cambrie was momless. She had to fend for herself the entire evening while I was running around like a chicken without a head. At one point I saw her sitting at the coloring table just silently crying with mascare running down her face. I went over to see what was wrong and all she wanted was the gray marker. I'm sorry Cambrie! It didn't help that I think she was a little sick even before we left.
At the party we had games, a cake decorating contest, a cake walk, snacks, and trick-or-treating. I should have taken my camera around with me to take pictures of all of the awesome costumes people came in and the fantastic cakes that were made. Jeremy made a 3D jack-o-lantern but once again...no picture. Let me assure you that it was great, he carved out the face just like a pumpkin.
When it came time for the kids to go get their candy, Kristen took pity on her and took her trick or treating for me (I don't know where she got the pumpkin bucket, it's not ours :) I kind of regret staying in the gym to make sure the older kids didn't escape, I should have gone with her, but it was hard to balance hostess/mom. It looks like she had fun and got plenty of candy.
Here's a cute shot of all the girls. Do you like how Cambrie chose to wear my huge hat for the picture? At least they're all smiling!
The party was fun and it seemed to run pretty smoothly (one of my many fears). I'm just glad to be rid of the nightmares and that I will be gone for the next one... ha! Happy Halloween everyone and thanks for coming to celebrate!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness it's APPLE JACKS!! haha I haven't heard or seen from you in forever! Your little girl is so darling, congrats on being pregnant!!
You guys did an awesome job!! THANKS!! Did you make your shirt and skirt? Very cute!
Ugh, I hate being in charge of big stuff like that. Your costumes are super cute, though! I love Cambrie's purple hair. :)
Post a Comment