Fall Festival
Today was the Whitemarsh Pumpkin Festival up at Miles Park. I was in the mood for some small-town festival fun and autumn weather enjoyment, so we went and checked it out. It felt like a school carnival, small but really fun. There were moon-bounce toys, blow-up obstacles courses, cotton candy, pumpkin decorating, clowns, and lots of people with booths running for the board of education. Cambrie enjoyed the booths with the free candy and couldn't wait until her cauldron was full. Halloween will definitely be a treat this year. At one booth she even got to frost her own cupcake, which she promptly licked the frosting off of before handing back to me.
They had music playing and Cambrie couldn't resist busting a move.
I was shocked when Cambrie decided she wanted a spider painted on her face at the face painting booth. I thought she'd choose a witch, a heart or a flower...but a spider? I don't have anything against spiders, I was just surprsed. It was cute and she was happy.
This was Cambrie's first experience with clowns. They were making balloon animals and she requested a teddy bear. 
After the party we headed over to the playground to play. I'm glad Jeremy likes to run around with her because I wouldn't have been too comfortable in those tunnels. They sure looked cute together in there.

The only thing that could have made it better was if they had free wassail...yum... Maybe I'll go make some now. Yea for fall!
3 comments:
How fun! I haven't noticed until this post how much Cambrie looks like Jeremy! It's uncanny!
Looks like fun, Annette! I love small town stuff. And I think sometimes it's more fun for the little kids than the big, showy stuff.
Fun! I love wassail, I'm going to have to make some now.. ;)
Post a Comment