Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just say, "No!"

Just say, "No!" to fertilizer! We didn't fertilize our garden last year, so we thought we'd be good gardeners this year and give our garden a little extra help. "Maybe it will produce more," we thought. Oh boy, we were slightly mistaken. Our garden is a monster! This is a picture of our three tomato plants. The last time they were standing up straight they were six feet tall, but every time there is a thunder storm they bow to the pressure and bend over even more. The result is this thick wall of tomato plants. They are taking over our garden and not giving our little pea and pepper plants any sun. Our cucumber plant has a little better defense, or should I say offense. It has decided to grow out of our garden and is currently climbing up the neighboring tree. Yes, we are actually growing cucumbers in a tree. Now if they would only stop growing up and start producing food!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so awesome I love it!

aubrie said...

Holy moly, Annette! That is so crazy! I hope that you get lots of veggies on them!

sara cardon said...

Wow!! You're going to have a whole bushel on your hands once they decide to ripen. And we will be the happy recipients of any excess produce once they do.:)

jor said...

That is one crazy plant...

todd and erin said...

You need to teach me how to grow things! I swear I kill anything I plant!!