Thursday, July 23, 2026

Cheyenne Frontier Days

It's no secret that I love rodeos and fairs and cowboys and country music. For my birthday I wanted to fix a problem I've had for the last 16 years living here in Colorado, I've never been to Cheyenne Frontier Days. Jeremy bought two tickets to go see Blake Shelton, and I was able to convince some of the kids to go to the "Daddy of them all" rodeo with me. I loved every minute of it. I wish that our plans worked out to just spend all day up there, but there was a little logistical maneuvering that needed to happen. The kids were good sports and cheered for all of the rodeo athletes with me. I think the girls' favorite part was when the little calves would wait for their friends in the chute after a run. I think Kelton's favorite part was chugging the huge bucket of lemonade we bought.


Smile girls!


Later that night Jeremy and I drove up for the concert. I normally don't follow the pre-shows, but it happened to be Avery Anna. We saw her in Nashville and absolutely loved her! When Blake finally came to the stage I had high expectations. Avery Anna had done a great job of pumping up the crowd and we were ready for some more great music. I sang to every one of Blake's songs. I don't go to a lot of concerts, but when I actually know all of the music is makes it so much more fun! We were up way past our bed time, and I fell asleep as soon as we started driving home. It's a really good thing I have a husband who can drive late at night, otherwise we may have been sleeping in a trailer with some of the rodeo horses.

 

No comments: