The 4th of July snuck up on me this year. I didn't even get out my decorations (which is appalling to me.) At least the kids had something festive to wear!

Jeremy and I started the day with a great 10k run, then we prepared for the BBQ at the Mortensen's. We spent the entire afternoon with a bunch of families: swimming, talking, cross net, and cornhole. It was so much fun.

As it grew dark we headed home for fireworks. We had a few leftover from last year and Jeremy took the boys out to have some fun.



We didn't go down to see the city fireworks this year, we just climbed up on our roof. I can't believe we've never done that before. From up there we could see the city fireworks from at least five different cities, plus whatever stray fireworks other groups were sending up. We had a 360 degree view of the show. It was so, so cool!





No comments:
Post a Comment