Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Ski day with Evan

Evan said he wanted to try skiing while he was here.  The last time he went was when he was five years old so he was rather rusty.  We took the whole family on the bunny hill to cheer him on while he was learning, and it gave the kids a chance to practice some of their weaker skills, like skiing backwards for the boys and boarding toe edge for Cambrie.  Jeremy was an amazingly patient teacher and helped Evan understand what he needed to do to get down the hill.  






Once our kids were nice and warmed up I took them over to the bigger runs while Jeremy and Evan hung out for a few more runs on the bunny hill.  I was surprised when Jeremy texted to say that they were going to head over and give Peru a shot.  It was an exhausting process getting Evan down that run.  This is so far beyond what he's done in the past physically that it was really challenging.  We were proud of him for making it down.  Meanwhile I had Cambrie, Kelton and Daxton.  It was a unique day where we toyed around with mixing up our groups.  Normally we do every run as a family, but there were times where it was Cambrie and Kelton, me and Daxton, Jeremy and Kelton, and Cambrie flying solo.  All the kids had a chance to ski how they wanted to ski and we had so much fun.  


At the end of the day we had Evan ride up on the gondola to meet us at the summit for a picture.  He said it was pretty spectacular and I'm just glad it was a beautiful blue bird day so he had great views from up there.  Who knows if he'll ever go skiing again but I hope we opened his eyes a little about what possibilities are out there.

No comments: