As a Coloradoan I felt like it is my duty to attend at least some of the major rodeos in the area like the National Western Stock Show, the Greely Stampede, and Cheyenne Frontier Days. We had four tickets to the pro rodeo at the National Western Stock Show and I was so excited to go. I absolutely adore the rodeo. I was looking forward to the fair food, the exhibits, the western wear, and of course the bull riding. The night of the rodeo was a little chaotic as we worked out which of us would be going. Ultimately it was decided that Jeremy, Kelton and I would go. We arrived in time to explore a bit before the rodeo began. In one of the barns we found a bunch of baby animals. Watching a dozen piglets nurse was fascinating!

We had a few photo ops with Kelton, then made our way to the arena with cotton candy and a fried Twinkie in hand.

Our seats were incredible! They were only two rows back from the chutes which meant we could watch the cowboys all prep for their events. We were front and center! So many of the cowboys are young and it was so fun watching them pose for pictures as pros.

Kelton has never been to a rodeo with so much hype. The top pros were highlighted with lasers and spotlights. The music was blaring and Kelton was enthralled!




I wish I knew the stories behind each cowboy and how close they were to qualifying for their championship events. As it was, it was still awesome to watch them do what they do.




No comments:
Post a Comment