Friday, January 1, 2021

Smithfield cousin time

After leaving South Jordan we stopped my Grandma's for a short visit.  The cookies were very appreciated!  


Then we headed up to the cabin for a little time to recharge.  The cabin was fabulous.  Just the week before the pipes had frozen and the furnace was having issues.  People came up to fix everything which meant that we were nice and cozy.  The kids just played with the toys and enjoyed some down time.  




The girls decided to play with the Barbie dolls and I don't think I can tell you the last time Cambrie or McKenzie picked up a Barbie.  They were designing outfits for the poor outdated dolls, and having a blast.


The next morning we decided to take advantage of the beautiful snow and go snowshoeing.  I've never been snowshoeing, ever.  I couldn't tell you why.  But my Grandma Stratford had enough sets of shoes, including kid sized ones, that we could all go exploring.  We walked along the trail behind the cabin until we reached Nordic Valley.  All of the kids went through various stages of having fun, being tired, and not wanting to move.  But they all made it the whole way and I guess that's what really matters.  It was just about a mile hike, and it was great.





















  If we hadn't promised the rest of the family that we'd be coming up, we would have stayed.  All of the kids wanted to keep enjoying our time there.  Unfortunately we had to get going.  


Up in Logan we celebrated the New Year with some game playing (can you believe there are enough of us now that we can field two tables for pinochle?)  


We toasted with some Martinelli's.  






And we even lit some sparklers and enjoyed the fireworks from the neighbors. All the cousins were able to have a sleepover that night.  The boys went to Sam's house while the girls stayed at my mom's.  

The party wasn't over however, oh no.  It was Sam's and Emma's birthday the next day so we had a birthday party!  We rented a party room at Jump Time and let the kids work off some of those sugar wiggles that were just dying to escape.  I couldn't walk (thank you Hannah for a crazy New Year resolution cardio class), so I enjoyed the fun from above.  








These kids love spending time with their cousins.  I'm glad we were able to make it out to spend some time with them.

No comments: