Monday, November 23, 2020

Crystal hot springs

My mom had the great idea that we should all go swimming at the Crystal Hot Springs out by Brigham City.  I've heard of them through the years, but never actually swam here.  I take that back, my parents took me when I was about three years old, but I don't think that counts.  My kids were really nervous that the hot springs would smell as bad as the one we found in the Grand Tetons, and that there were going to be horse flies biting them the whole time.  It took awhile for them to accept that it really is basically a very warm swimming pool and no one is going to be bitten by horseflies.  We were more worried about the cold running to and from the water slides.  There were two water slides and they were a blast.  The walk up to the top looked like it belonged in Splash Mountain.  Disney pays big bucks for themes like that.  There were planks on the walls, uneven stone steps, and water shooting from pipes to keep us warm as we walked.  The slides were fast!  The first time Daxton and I went down I totally toppled over around a turn and had to scramble to grab him before we hit the splash pool.  I loved it.  When we were too cold, we just went and hopped back into the warm pool.  I like warm pools...a lot!  Maybe this will redeem the phrase "hot springs" in my kids' memories!

 

No comments: