Friday, March 9, 2018

"Kelton's" bike park

The city built a new bike park across the street.  Kelton is convinced that it is his bike park.  While it was under construction he'd keep asking, "When is my bike park going to be done?"  Well, good news, it's done!  The kids have been over with Jeremy a couple of times but since it's still technically winter we have to wait for good weather to ride.  I decided to accompany them on their most recent trip.  The kids were doing great.  They are pretty familiar now with what routes they like to ride.  


Kelton is practicing keeping his momentum up while he's going back up the hills, and is pretty proud of himself that he's learning how to stand up on his pedals.  



Daxton really wanted to participate too.  I took him over to the little kid section and he rode his baby strider around for a bit.  The problem is that when I'd try to pull him out of the way of another kid he would just fight me and it became a power struggle.  I had to take a very grumpy kid away from the bike park.  Poor Daxton is going to be very sad for awhile as he watches his older siblings ride away.  

However, the bigger kids absolutely love the new park and I think they will be over there a lot.

No comments: