How wild is it that our Ironman 70.3 races are becoming commonplace? Crazy! Even though it's only been a month since Texas, Jeremy signed up for the half here in Boulder. We've both been so mad that we've never signed up for a local race to keep things simple, so this was the year. McKenzie's first T-ball game was the same day and Jeremy insisted we go to that first. That meant we arrived at the race halfway through his run. It's amazing how quickly the race goes by when you're only there for an hour of it. We barely missed him pass by on his second loop around the reservoir, but we were there waiting for him at the finish line. He cruised this race! His swim time was nine minutes faster than his best! I couldn't believe it. Even the bike splits I was watching for while we were at the game were blistering. His goal was to make it under five hours and I was just worried we wouldn't see him at all because of how quickly he was moving. When we saw him approaching the finish line he looked like he was hurting. He was pushing as hard as he's almost ever pushed, so I get it. His final time was 4:50:41 (swim 33:49, bike 2:20:22, run 1:51:17). Amazing job hun!
After the race we hung out on the beach for a bit before heading home. Dax thought the sand felt pretty cool on his toes.
By the time we headed home everyone was ready for a nap. Three of my four kids zonked, and Jeremy and I were wishing we were so lucky.




No comments:
Post a Comment