Sunday, May 22, 2016

SOO much energy!

I am always surprised by Kelton pure energy.  He is always, always going! When we walk up to school sometimes he rides his Strider bike.  When he does, I just can't keep up with the kid.  He is fearless.  Normally that is an attribute that I admire, but when it means by 2-year-old is busting across busy neighborhood streets on his bike without stopping to look for cars, I get a bit nervous.  He refused to wear his helmet, and it may have been too small, so I decided to find the coolest helmet I could.  We found him a spiked dinosaur helmet and it did the trick.  So while he still doesn't stop (we're working on that), at least he's wearing his helmet.  

When he chooses to ride in the stroller instead of his bike, he never actually stays in the stroller.  He gets out to jump off of every landscaping rock and streetlight on the way.  Elmo slipper parkour!  

At the park, he climbs everything!


When I cook, he wants to help.  

When I get ready in the morning he wants to be with me and "see you Mom."  

He always wants to be next to me.  One day I had the privilege of experiencing what it must be like to be chased by the paparazzi as he followed me through the house with the camera flashing.  

Those days that I feel like I just can't keep up with the kid or that I'm suffocating because of his pure energy, his cute little voice saying, "Need hug," helps me refocus.  

What a cute kid he is...especially when he's sleeping.

No comments: