Thursday, September 17, 2015

Um, potty training?

With how often Kelton is running around the house naked we realized that short of duct taping or stapling on his diaper on him we couldn't keep him covered.  I didn't want messes around the house and we were left with the only solution of potty training the kid.  At first it just began as "house training."  I would take him to the bathroom, he would take care of business, then he'd be off to play again.  But  he was doing so well that I wondered if we could make this big boy underwear a full time thing.  We are on day 4 now, and it's still looking good.  True, he had a few accidents that first day in his Baymax underwear, but I expected that.  He has become better about initiating his bathroom breaks, and almost always goes when he's there.  I even dared to take him his gymnastics class today in his underwear.  I was a little worried, but he did it.  I'm still not convinced that it's going to stick around.  But maybe I'll get lucky.  I didn't have any expectations of fully potty training Kelton until March, so this is very early.  If it works out, awesome!  If not...then at least I had a week-long break from diapers.  After we came home from the store McKenzie laid out all of Kelton's new underwear on the stairs to see how cool they were.  

And here is the big boy Kelton, fully enjoying his gummie snack rewards.

No comments: