The day Jeremy and I came home from our cruise, the girls gave us great big hugs, told us they missed us, and then asked if they could have a play date. Yes, I'm glad my children love me so much they can't wait to have their friends over. Honestly, I was completely exhausted from the cruise and having friends come over to play sounded like a pretty good idea but I made them wait a day. The next day Dakota and Madison were able to come over. The girls were going to be over for about five hours, and I was just hoping that it was one of those sublime, no stress, no fight-type of play date. My wish was granted. After playing inside for a bit they all headed outside to jump on the tramp. That evolved to jumping on the tramp with a sprinkler. Then came the water balloons and the water balloon fight. Next we pulled out the slip 'n slide, And we finished off the afternoon with snacks while they warmed up on their towels. I take no credit for the genius activities of the afternoon. They were all the girls' ideas.
They even let Kelton join in the fun and he is still begging for water balloons. He thought they were the coolest things ever. (The rotten boy kept pulling off his swimming suit, but at least he's still cute in his swim diaper.) Yea for summer games outside!
No comments:
Post a Comment