Here's our little bean at 8 weeks. The girls like looking at its flipper arms.
Friday, June 26, 2015
Because I want to be cool like my sister
If any of you have read my sister's blog in the last two weeks you would have learned that she is pregnant! Well, I like to follow good examples so I'm here to announce my pregnancy too! Tomorrow I will be 12 weeks along and almost done with my first trimester. I know news has started to leak (my sweet little girls are telling everyone who will listen), but I wanted to wait to make it official until after I heard that amazing little heartbeat one more time. Even though I saw my little baby in an ultrasound four weeks ago, I didn't dare believe that it was real. However, after my appointment I'm allowing myself to believe that it is going to make it. The nice thing about my first pregnancy and even my second, is that they were easy. There were no complications, everything went according to plan and my girls made it into this world alive and whole. Before Kelton was born I had a very early miscarriage. I was only 6 weeks along but the experience gave me a healthy fear and appreciation of the miracle of pregnancy. I cannot take for granted this miracle growing inside of me. So much could go wrong, and yet, its little heart is still beating and I am 12 weeks closer to having another little baby in our home. The girls are ridiculously excited. McKenzie is hoping for a boy so Kelton has a little brother. Cambrie is hoping for a girl so she can have her own room more quickly. Jeremy and I are both hoping for a boy to round it out and keep things nice and even. I'm having a hard time envisioning a boy though. Of course, I was wrong with both McKenzie and Kelton so don't trust my feelings at all. The baby's due date is January 9, 2016. For those of you keeping track, Kelton and Cambrie's birthdays are only two days apart, and this due date is only four days away from McKenzie's, so I'm going to have two sets of buddy birthdays. I also get to be pregnant with my sister! I had always secretly hoped that I would be able to share this experience with her and have cousins really close to the same age, but it was a wild hope with so many other factors coming into play. The due dates are only two and a half weeks apart. This is awesome. What makes it a little less than awesome is that pregnancy is not sitting well with Camille. She is sick and nauseous almost all of the time. I on the other hand am extremely tired. I am napping almost every day, but that is the worst it's been. I feel a touch guilty about my good luck. I also can't tell my kids how grateful I am to them for their patience with my exhaustion. They don't complain when I lie down to nap and while I'm asleep they take care of themselves completely, snacks, entertainment, etc. Yesterday while I was sleeping I heard Kelton trying to get into my room (normally I put him down to sleep at the same time as me), but he was calling for me wanting me to come out. McKenzie came upstairs and said, "Buddy, we have to let mommy rest. She has a baby in her tummy and she gets grumpy when we don't let her sleep." Aw, sweeter words were never spoken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats! That is so fun. I love having kids the same age as my sister's!
Congrats Annette!! I'm SO happy for you! Crossing fingers for a boy :)
Post a Comment