Cambrie's first piano recital was today. She has been practicing her piece, "Caravan" for about two months now. She has worked hard to memorize it so it would be perfect for the performance. She was nervous though. Every time I reminded her how close the recital was she was scream, "Nooooo!" I'm still not sure if it was full stress or just a show, but she was very glad when the day came. A lot of her friends take lessons from the same piano teacher, Sis. Mitchell. So when we walked into the room and she saw all her friends there too, it really helped settle her nerves. Cambrie was pretty early in the program, but I was still worried Kelton wasn't going to make it. Right before Cambrie stepped up to the piano Kelton started screaming and I was so nervous I wouldn't be able to hear her play. Luckily he calmed down enough that I could sit up in the parent's chair to video her. She was really cute up there. She messed up a couple of times and each time bashfully looked towards the crowd. But she didn't get discouraged and finished the song well. She was pretty proud of herself once she was done, and more than a little relieved.

No comments:
Post a Comment