Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day!  I had grand plans to make pink, strawberry pancakes with strawberry smoothies for breakfast first thing in the morning.  That was before I made 52 gingerbread pancakes the day before.  Oops.  So I reinvented them instead.  We added Valentine's Day sprinkles and viola!  Valentine's pancakes! 
 

We added a little pink food coloring to the milk, fancy glasses, a heart straw, some bubbles and ta-da!  A deluxe Valentine's Day breakfast drink!  

Leesa had the genius idea to send the kids Valentine's Day clothes, so they definitely looked like I had my act together.  I admit it, I was scrambling that day.  We just finished putting our Valentine's treats for their classmates the night before and I felt like I was on catch-up mode all day!  The kids however never knew.  They had two awesome parties at school and came home with baggies full of Valentine's Day treats from their friends. 

 Jeremy worked that day, so late that night after the kids had gone to bed I helped myself to peanut butter and chocolate chips and waited for our date in a couple of days.  Jeremy didn't tell me what we were doing or where we were going.  I like surprises!  We ended up at an archery range!  Jeremy was bummed he missed out when the Rogers went over Christmas and he was really happy to have the chance to shoot a bow again.  That night I out shot him...it was great :)  I really like archery.  I'm a lot better shot with a bow than I am with a gun.  Go figure.  I didn't get a picture of my hot date that night, but let me assure you, that he was one good-looking guy!

No comments: