The weathermen kept warning us about a serious snowstorm that was supposed to come through Friday night and keep pounding us until Sunday afternoon. Saturday afternoon came and there was barely a skiff of snow on my lawn. Needless to say, I thought the weathermen had cried wolf. An hour later I woke up from a nap (thank you girls), and there was a blizzard raging outside. Soccer was cancelled, Jeremy came home from work early, and we hunkered down for a cozy evening inside. Sunday morning we woke up to a foot of snow outside! It had turned into a real snowstorm after all and my kids were so excited. When Jeremy went outside to shovel all of the kids put on their snow gear to help.
I made sure everyone was bundled up then I made cinnamon rolls while they played outside.
That's not a "thinking" tongue, that's a "lick-up-that-oozing-booger tongue."
Don't worry, this time it's a "snowflake-catching tongue."
I kept peeking outside every so often just to see how things were going and it looked like Jeremy was playing just like I knew he could. He shoveled all of the snow from the backyard into one giant mountain and then they all started digging.
By the time they all came inside to warm up with hot cocoa and fresh cinnamon rolls, their cave was pretty impressive. McKenzie can almost stand up in it, and there is plenty of room for lots of friends inside. The girls wanted to eat dinner in it that night, but I didn't think there was that much room (and I'm too much of a sissy to eat outside when it's just nine degrees.)
No comments:
Post a Comment