Monday, September 1, 2014

Suite Rockies Game

Comfort always has oodles of tickets to the Rockies games to give to their docs.  Why we haven't taken full advantage of this, I don't know.  Earlier this summer Jeremy and I were able to snag Clubhouse tickets which are absolutely amazing.  We are served a full gourmet meal before the game, then are given full freedom to order whatever snacks we want during the game: chocolate covered strawberries, jalapeno poppers, helmet sundaes, you name it and it appears just moments later.  I have to say that sitting just five feet from the action is definitely the way to go.  

The clubhouse seats are obviously catered to a more professional crowd so when we decided to take the kids to see a game we chose the seats up in the Comfort suite.  The suite is a great place for the kids because they can run around all they want and aren't cooped up by the crowds.  There is also air conditioning and snacks.  The game we had tickets to also included a continuation of a previous rain delay we didn't know about, so when we arrived all the pizza was gone already which was a bummer.  The kids still had popcorn to feast on, and we let them snag brownies while they could.  Kelton couldn't get enough of the popcorn and though dumping the peanut bucket was tons of fun.

It was hard to get into the last few innings of the previous game, so we hung out waiting until the "real" first pitch of our game.  When Cambrie was asked what the "B" on her hat stood for, she responded, "Baseball!"  It was from her one stint on T-Ball with Broomfield, but I think baseball works too.  We don't have any Rockies fan gear, so I think it's great!


Finally when our game rolled around the kids took interest in what was going on.  I realized that Jeremy and I have been seriously lacking in our baseball education of the kids.  We had to explain everything from the strikes, to the innings, to the outs.  I sure hope we aren't judged because of that!  

From our suite the girls could see all of the snacks being served below us.  McKenzie caught sight of the cotton candy and from that moment on was obsessed with getting her own.  We had previously promised the girls each a treat since they had done so well with their chores that morning, and cotton candy was what was requested.  Cambrie chose a helmet sundae, which was super quick and easy to grab.  But for some reason finding pink cotton candy for McKenzie was a trick!  By the time she finally had that cotton candy in her hand her entire face lit up like the Fourth of July and a huge smile spread across her face.  "Thank you so much Mom!  I am so excited for my cotton candy!  Thank you!  Thank you!"  Now that's the kind of appreciation I like!  

After four hours at the ball park the kids were getting worn out.  The Rockies were down 5-2 in the bottom of the 5th inning and Jeremy and I decided to call it a night.  We couldn't believe our luck that the Rockies actually came back to win that game 9-10!  What a bummer!  But I would still call it an awesome day at the ball park.  On the drive home Cambrie commented, "I had a lot more fun at the baseball game than I thought I would!"  All righty, maybe we should try to score tickets more often :)


No comments: