Monday, September 8, 2014

I lied

Okay, so today was McKenzie's "real" first day of preschool.  Today she was picked up by our preschool carpool and it was a normal day of preschool without any parents.  Do you remember how I said she was so grown up?  I LIED!  As I helped buckle her into the booster seat in my friend's van, I couldn't help but think how little she was!  She's not grown up.  She's not ready to be on her own.  She's still my little munchkin.  Before we walked outside she grabbed onto my leg and hid behind me.  "Mom, I'm scared."  I felt so sad, because I was scared too.  She's always been nervous to be without me and now I need to send her off on her own at least three days a week.  I'm sure I'll be ready for her to be grown up eventually, but I don't think that day is today.

No comments: